LabCam for iPhone
£150.00 Ex. VAT
Aligns your iPhone perfectly to your microscope with the built-in lens.
Du Optics was created by Weill Cornell Medicine MD-PhD student, Du Cheng, to solve a need he saw while working the in lab. After iDu Optics took first place in the 2016 Bench to Bedside Initiative (BBI), run by the Dean’s Entrepreneurship Lab at Weill Cornell Medicine, iDu Optics has expanded, and continues to improve its products. LabCam is purchased by customers from 2000+ universities around the world and is largely produced in the heart of America, in Detroit, Michigan.
- Lens: The iDu Optics SmartLens, made from a premium coated glass lens and chromatic correction module, ensures high-quality images with built-in 10X magnification.
- Precision: Attaches in 10 seconds to your iPhone and microscope by simply inserting into c-mount or eye-piece slot.
- Microscope Brand: Fits all Nikon, Olympus, Zeiss, Leica and other common research microscope brands. Please check with us for surgical microscopes.
- iPhone Model: Please select the product that corresponds to your iPhone model.
- Portability: Can be used with or without a microscope.
- Cloud data sharing: Seamlessly transfers and backups data on all devices.
- Manufacturing: Made in the USA with highest quality parts.
- New Feature: LabCam have just added adapters compatible with astronomy telescopes with 1.25′ eyepiece slot (Celestron, Orion, Gskyer etc brand).
It's so easy and it always works: The most reliable imaging system on microscopes. Easy and high quality alternative for microscope camera.
LabCam’s unique design connects to most common microscopes in seconds and allows you to take high quality photos using your iPhone camera. If you are trying to record and present data in the best way possible, while saving money and time, the LabCam is for you.
LabCam is designed to work with your eyepiece tube on your microscope. while 95% of microscopes have a removable eyepiece, and 23mm, or 30mm eyepiece tube, there are some that have other sizes such as 28mm (Labomed), 25mm etc.. If you let us know in advance, we can provide these in the package for you.
Tips for Optimizing LabCam Results
You can take a photo or start/stop a recording using the volume button of your headphones when connected to the iPhone.
Whole Slide Scan
Celly.AI allows automatic whole slide scan. The artificial intelligence algorithms will track the movement of the slides and automatically stitch different views of the images together.
Dimming the light source of the microscope will help when adjusting your white balance. Celly.AI will also allow automatic adjustment of white balance.
Auto-focusing has a range on the phone. Using the focus on the microscope in a combination of tapping the screen for auto focus will achieve the best result.
There are many tools that allow more control than an iPhone camera on its own. FiLMIC Pro is one of them. You can also share/transfer photos to your computer easily with Dropbox or AirDrop. Celly.AI allows whole slide scan, automatic blood cell count, and malaria detection.
Displaying on a Computer in Real Time
If you have Mac, you can connect your iPhone with a cable, then open your QuickTime player. Find instructions here: select File -> New Movie Recording. Then next to the red recording button, use the drop-down arrow to select your iPhone. Now you should see your iPhone screen in real-time on your computer screen.
Your can also use AirPlay to mirror your iPhone screen onto your apple TV.
If you have a PC, you can use Mirror Op.